Sunday 24 July 2016

Day 2


It was pretty hectic.  It might have been better if we the weather wasn't at it's peak of hotness at 30°C. But we   have had a chance to go to the beach! 
In the morning after breakfast at 7.30, we went to Core Skills lessons which is a computer room with hidden in table computers. Me and Sara were so shocked so we started filming everything. The atmosphere was amazing because it felt like we are students but we know that we are allowed to have a lot of fun. After the core skills I went straight to Business and Marketing lesson. Our group is the smallest but still it was a very educative lesson. The tutor was nervous in the beginning but with the time he was confident and gave a lot of information. We have to write a 1000 word essay by Monday already,  so I'm kind of starting to panic. Some of the facts I remember from today's class are:
- Some companies use marketing as science,  philosophy or art. For example, starbucks is using it as a philosophy "inspiring one person, one neighbourhood and one cup at a time. " This show in their "personalised" drinks that reach out to the customer to make them feel unique and special by simply writing their name on the cup.
- Coca- Cola is using it as a science in a way that they research their market and apply branding to a very specific type of customers. For example, coca cola life for economic friendly, family size bottles for families, diet coke for girls , coke zero for boys. Fun fact coke zero and diet coke are the same thing! Just one is targeted at males and other at females.

After the lessons I was trying to meet Tilly and Alex but we have a very different timetable that didn't let us meet. So I had lunch with some girls and then went into hub. By the way food here is amazing! But deserts.. always make me wanna take them. So then I  had free time, had nothing to do so was researching marketing in everyday life on my phone.
After Tilly & Alex finished their lessons we went to the beach. It's absolutely brilliant!  I felt like I was overseas and important thing there are so many well dressed people!
I couldn't go in for girls reason but water was too cold anyway for me. We had to head back to the uni soon so we caught  a taxi which was just a pound for each of 3 of us. After we had our dinner we went for a pub quiz. Basically we have competition bet our groups and they included chubby bunny challenge,  eat yougurt without hands and quiz.  Me and Sara were sitting there during the quiz realised we don't know anything and we will just work in Mcdonalds.
Now that we've finished all the activities at 10 we had time to do our homework and have a shower. I'm really enjoying myself here, it's absolutely fantastic!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment